You will take 3-6 classes per semester for a total of 15-16 credits per semester.
- Make sure your credits transfer back for credit with your home school – this is your responsibility.
- Please be flexible about courses – we can’t guarantee placement in specific courses.
- Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form to The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University.
Swansea University courses available to study abroad students are available through the online Module Catalog which has a list of all of the departments at Swansea.
- Select a department from the pull-down menu, select the appropriate academic year, and then click the Search box at the bottom of the page.
- You will see a list of the available modules (courses) during the selected academic year. It is possible to cross-register among different departments. The courses are arranged according to level.
- Each title is a link that will bring up a short course description which includes the teaching method, assessment method, credits, prerequisites, level, and when the course is taught.
||Normal Year Taken
|TB1 = Fall Semester
||HE Level 4 = a Sophomore level course
|TB2 = Spring Semester
||HE Level 5 = a Junior level course
|TB1 + TB2 = Academic Year
||HE Level 6 = Senior level course; you must have a sound background in this subject area
- If you are enrolled within the following departments for the Fall semester, you will be required to take exams in January and must be present at Swansea University:
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
Admittance into HE Level 6/Honors-level classes is selective and at the discretion of Swansea's departmental tutors upon review of students’ official transcripts.
To qualify, you must have:
- Taken at least 3 prior classes in that subject at your home university
- Earned a grade of a B or above in each of those classes
Most departments will limit a qualified student to no more than one or two HE Level 6 courses per semester.
Level M courses are not open to study abroad students.
Making Your Course Selections
You will need to submit a course registration form using your Arcadia Passport. List all course choices and alternates in order of preference. Your first choices may not be available due to timetabling, prerequisite, or availability issues.
This form is used only to determine your eligibility for admission and for the pre-registration process at Swansea.
- Fall Semester = 60 Swansea credits = 15-16 semester credits
- Spring Semester = 60 Swansea credits = 15-16 semester credits
- Academic Year = 120 Swansea credits = 30-32 semester hour credits
You are responsible for:
- Meeting with your academic advisor to discuss course selections.
- Obtaining approval for approximately 8-10 classes per semester (including alternates).
- Registering for a full academic load.
- No specific course requests can be guaranteed by Arcadia or Swansea.
- Final course registration does not take place until you arrive at Swansea University.
- Students choosing to take classes within the College of Engineering or the School of Management will be studying at the Bay Campus.
- If you choose this option, along with classes from other academic departments (Arts and Humanities, Science, Law, Medicine, Human and Health Sciences), you will have to travel between the two campuses for classes.
A per-semester special course fee is imposed by Swansea University for enrollment in certain courses or departments.