Typical credit load is 15-16 for the fall or spring terms or 30-32 for full year.
- Make sure your courses transfer back for credit with your home school and that you are registered for a full academic load according to your home school policies – this is your responsibility.
- Please be flexible about courses – we can’t guarantee placement in specific courses.
- Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form to The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University.
Assessment method(s) for classes may be indicated in the study abroad catalogue, or on the course syllabus. Methods vary between essay, examination, project work, or a combination.
- You must take examinations attached to their classes whenever the exam is scheduled during the period of study.
- Because exams typically take place in May and June for all courses, fall-only study abroad students will be assessed by coursework or other requirements prior to departure in December.
- Spring exams are usually held throughout the months of May and June, after the month-long spring break. Exam timetables will not be released until the middle or end of the semester.
Course and Department Restrictions
- Classes fill up quickly.
- Apply early or check course options in related departments.
- Communications courses may incur an additional fee.
- Studio Arts: enrollment is for full academic year only.
- Only register for FA51012A Fine Art (32 credits).
- Concentrations in: drawing, painting, film, installation, performance, photography, printed and constructed textiles, printmaking, sculpture, video or a combination.
Choosing Your Courses
Refer to the credit translation scale below.
|U.K. University Credit Point Units
||U.S. University Semester Hours of Credit
Please view the Goldsmiths Course Catalog for course offerings and descriptions.
When selecting courses, it is important to pay attention to course levels:
- Year 1 - Introductory, No background required
- Year 2 - Sophomore and Junior level. Will need some background, plus satisfy relevant pre-requisites
- Year 3 - Senior, Advanced. Will need significant prior knowledge (at least 5-6 prior courses in the subject, plus satisfy relevant pre-requisites). You can only take year 3 courses if you have a very strong background in the subject.
Goldsmiths registers you in classes you select in your preliminary course form; it is important that you list one alternate for every preferred course totalling eight courses. It can be difficult to change course preferences, and there is limited course availability after the application deadline. Your Program Manager will likely be able to provide your course schedule prior to arrival.
If your enrollment is conditional upon entry into a specific course or courses, it is very important that you indicate these requirements at the bottom of the preliminary course form on your Arcadia Passport.
The following information is vetted and provided by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) on the Electronic Database for Global Education (EDGE).
||Suggested U.S. Equivalent
|70 - 100%
|60 - 69%
||Second Class Upper
|50 - 59%
||Second Class Lower
|40 - 49%
||Third Class / Pass
|0 - 39%
Intellectual property copyright AACRAO EDGE.
Portfolio for Studio Art and Design
- You must submit a digital portfolio including at least 10 examples of recent original work relevant to what you will be studying.
- Include the size and media of each piece along with any notes to clarify the content as well as any other information you think might be relevant.
- You can submit the portfolio electronically or mail in a CD/DVD directly to your Program Manager. Contact your Program Manager for more details.