In most cases you’ll take 16 US semester hours of credit, which translates to 24 units.
- Please review your courses with your academic or study abroad advisor to ensure they will transfer back to your home school and that you are following your home school’s policies.
- Please be flexible – we can’t guarantee specific courses. If your participation in the program depends on a particular course, be sure to make a note on your online course form.
As there are significant restrictions in enrollment, please ensure adequate time for your application and proposed coursework to be evaluated.
In some cases, ANU will request that you submit syllabi or an updated official transcript.
- All courses, except for Honors and Graduate courses (6000-8000) are available, with appropriate background/prerequisites.
- Undergraduate research is only available through the listed special topics courses.
Choosing Your Courses
Include at least 8-10 courses on your online course form. When selecting your courses from the university's website:
- Enter a keyword into the search bar located at the top of the page.
- Career: Undergraduate
- Type: Courses
- Sessions: First semester = Spring semester; Second semester = Fall semester
- Select the search icon
- Click on the course code/title to find a comprehensive syllabus for each course.
Your Program Manager will email your course approvals from ANU. This process takes several weeks.
Some differences in terminology:
||School / College
- You will enroll in your courses and finalize your timetable at orientation during Enrollment Information Sessions.
- Bring an updated copy of your official transcript, your passport and COE with you.
- There is a drop/add period at the beginning of each semester.
- If you make any changes it is your responsibility to inform your home institution.
Possible additional fees for courses that include laboratory work, field excursions or theater trips, and fine art or production courses will include a supplemental fee.
For studio art, graphic art, art media production, drama, dance or music courses, submit a non-returnable portfolio or audition tape on slides or a CD. Submit between 8-12 examples of your work.
The following information is vetted and provided by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) on the Electronic Database for Global Education (EDGE).
||85 - 100%
||75 - 84%
||65 - 74%
||50 - 64%
||Pass (45 - 49%)
||0 - 44%
*Note: The Conceded grade is not offered by all institutions. Where a host institution uses the Conceded, Conceded Pass or Pass Conceded grade, a D will be issued. Where the host institution does not use Conceded, Conceded Pass or Pass Conceded grade, an F will be issued.
Intellectual property copyright AACRAO EDGE.