University of Canterbury Courses
A full-time course load as defined by Arcadia University is 12-16 U.S. credits per semester.
- Please review your courses with your academic or study abroad advisor to ensure they will transfer back to your home school and that you are following your home school’s policies.
- Please be flexible – we can’t guarantee specific courses. If your participation in the program depends on a particular course, be sure to make a note on your online course form.
- Please indicate 7-10 courses, including alternates, on your academic preferences form that you are pre-approved for and can take while abroad. In the event of scheduling changes, time conflicts, prerequisites or cancellations, this ensures that you will be prepared to finalize your courses once overseas.
Canterbury faculty will review your homeschool transcript to ensure that you have completed the equivalent prerequisites.
- There are limits on capacity in some civil engineering courses.
- Study abroad students are restricted from taking Studio Arts courses and most "Teacher Training" courses - this does include all Education courses.
- Courses in Fine Arts are only available to students studying for a Southern Hemisphere Academic Year.
Choosing Your Courses
A full-time course load is equivalent to four courses at University of Canterbury.
|University of Canterbury Credit Point Units
||U.S. University Semester Hours of Credit
In the Canterbury course catalog:
- Select the subject(s) of interest.
- Scroll to the Courses heading and click the that allows you to see all the courses in this subject.
- You will find relevant details for each course, including the course description, point value and semester the course is on offer by clicking on the course code/title.
|New Zealand Term
||Department, School or College
Soon after receiving your offer letter you will receive an email directly from University of Canterbury with your course approvals and instructions on how to pre-enroll. Course registration will be finalized when you arrive on campus.
There is an add/drop period at the beginning of each semester. If you make any changes it is your responsibility to inform your home institution.
Possible additional fees for courses that include laboratory work, field excursions or theater trips. Please refer to the online course description.
The following information is vetted and provided by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) on the Electronic Database for Global Education (EDGE).
Intellectual property copyright AACRAO EDGE.