Independent First Year London
Students who have graduated from high school and are looking for a credit-bearing study abroad opportunity before matriculating at a college or university are eligible for the Independent First Year London program.
- How do I start the application if I don’t have a username and password?
- When you click “Apply now” above, you will need to “register” your account first
- What is my “Home School” or “Current Institution”?
- Please select Not Currently Enrolled, unless:
- You are a student who is applying for either the Hamilton Freshman Fall in London Program or the Brandeis Mid Year Fall in London Program, then:
- Select Hamilton College or Brandeis University, as appropriate.
- What is my “Student Level” or “Current Class”?
- What is my “Current Major”?
- You can put your intended major or “undeclared.”
- What program do I choose?
- Select the Independent First Year London program, UNLESS you are attending Hamilton or Brandeis for the spring semester; then, choose the program that applies to the college you will attend.
- What is my GPA?
- Your current high school GPA. If your high school does not provide a GPA on the standard 4.0 scale, please list "0.0", and your Program Manager will contact you to discuss your qualifications.
- What is my graduation date?
- Your expected college graduation date
The College of Global Studies offers an online Application Portal, where students can monitor their application form and participation form progress. Students will have access to the Portal and all of the forms within after submitting the online application.
After you have submitted the online application, you can submit the following supplemental application materials:
Students can upload this requirement as a Word Document into the Application Portal after they have submitted an online application. Please address the following questions:
- Studying abroad is not only about learning about yourself and your new surroundings, but also about contributing to your host community. This semester, you will be engaging with your local community in London. How do you envision yourself providing a positive contribution during your time abroad?
- How will you cope with different customs, beliefs, and opinions and having your views about the world challenged? How do you think your semester abroad might change your opinions? How might you deal with being out of your comfort zone?
- What personal interests do you have at home and how might you expand on these during your semester abroad? Please research what opportunities are available and provide 2 or 3 specific examples of what you might pursue during your time in London.
HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT
Please mail a copy of your High School Transcript to:
The College of Global Studies,
450 S. Easton Road,
Glenside, PA 19038