You will enroll in 4 UTS courses, or 3 UTS courses and an Internship placement and Cornerstone course arranged by Arcadia.
- Please review your courses with your academic or study abroad advisor to ensure they will transfer back to your home school and that you are following your home school’s policies.
- Please be flexible – we can’t guarantee specific courses. If your participation in the program depends on a particular course, be sure to make a note on your online preferences form.
You have the opportunity to complete an Internship placement and corresponding Internship Cornerstone Course with Arcadia. If you select this option, you will take 1 fewer course at UTS.
UTS may request that you submit syllabi or an updated official transcript.
Choosing Your Courses
Internship Cornerstone Course
If you select an Internship placement through Arcadia, you must enroll in the 4-credit Internship Cornerstone Course taught by Arcadia. The Placement Information and Field Guide outlines more placement details. Please indicate your interest on the Academic Preferences Form.
|SYDI INPR 310
||Work in Thought and Action
University of Technology, Sydney Courses
- Interns: If you enroll in the internship course with Arcadia, you will take 18-20 credits at UTS; this combined with the internship is considered a full-time load. For students who are required to take two courses in the communications/media or international relations faculties, please consult your Program Manager regarding your course enrollment at UTS.
- Non-Interns: If you do not select an internship with Arcadia, you will enroll in a full load of 24 Australian Credits at UTS.
Refer to the credit translation scale below when selecting your courses:
|Australian University Credit Point Units
||U.S. University Semester Hours of Credit
- Include at least 8-10 courses on your Academic Preferences Form.
- When selecting your courses from the university's website:
- Click on relevant Faculty Advising Guide
- For more information, click on the Course Code, including:
- To determine specific availability, use UTS's timetable.
- On the Class Timetable Builder, refine your search:
- Teaching Period: Autumn = US Spring semester; Spring = US Fall semester
- Campus: U (City) only
- Subject: Enter code and/or name
- Click Search to find the course
- Choose a course from the drop down
- Add it to your current selection
- Create a preliminary timetable
||School or College
- UTS will review your online course form for approval.
- Your Program Manager will email you UTS course approvals.
- After you receive your Certificate of Enrollment (COE) you will be given login information and instructions on how to use your UTS student portal.
- There, you will be able to enroll in your courses prior to departure.
- Enroll only in courses listed at ENROLLED or PLANNED in your UTS course approvals. Even if a course is listed as Enrolled you must still log in to choose your timetable.
- There is a drop/add period at the beginning of each semester that allows students to make changes to course enrollments. If you make any changes it is your responsibility to inform your home institution.
Additional course fees may be imposed by UTS for enrollment in certain studio and laboratory courses, field excursions or theater trips.
For studio art, graphic art, art media production, drama, dancing or music courses, you will need to submit a portfolio or audition tape to support your application. Submit a portfolio or audition tape on slides or a CD. Submit between 8-12 examples of your work. Portfolio is non-returnable.
The following information is vetted and provided by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) on the Electronic Database for Global Education (EDGE).
|| 85 – 100%
|| 75 – 84%
|| 65 – 74%
|| 50 – 64%
||Pass (45 – 49%)
||0 – 44%
*Note: The Conceded grade is not offered by all institutions. Where a host institution uses the Conceded, Conceded Pass or Pass Conceded grade, a D will be issued. Where the host institution does not use Conceded, Conceded Pass or Pass Conceded grade, an F will be issued.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY COPYRIGHT AACRAO EDGE.