In Mallorca your accommodation will be a homestay - a wonderful way to immerse yourself in local daily life by living in the home of a local family. We will place one or two students per homestay, each with their own room.
We will do everything we can to see that the home meets your personal preferences, needs and expectations as outlined by you in the housing and personal health forms you complete on Passport. Please include any special dietary requirements so we can try to address them. You will receive all the details of your specific homestay at Orientation. Please also check out general accommodations for Spain.
- Homestay families are all experienced in hosting American and international university students in Palma de Mallorca. Like most Spaniards, these families are dedicated, generous and passionate about sharing their home and culture with our students.
- Homestay families provide you with two meals a day (breakfast and lunch or dinner) seven days a week.
- While we cannot guarantee every family on a homestay will have internet availability, computers and internet access (including wifi) are available at Universitat de les Illes Balears (UIB).
- Pillows, blankets, sheets and towels are provided by your homestay family.
- We encourage you to participate in homestay activities and to engage in meal time discussions to improve your Spanish language skills and increase your knowledge of Spanish culture.
- Homestays are located all throughout the city of Palma de Mallorca. Commute times to UIB can range from 5-35 minutes, depending on whether you walk, take the bus or use the metro.