You will take five courses for 12-18 credits for the semester, or six credits for summer. Each course is worth 3 credits.
- Please review your courses with your academic or study abroad advisor to ensure they will transfer back to your home school and that you are following your home school’s policies.
- Please be flexible about courses – we can’t guarantee specific courses. If your participation in the program depends on a particular course, be sure to make a note on your online course form.
- Final course enrollment will be determined by the Fundacion after your Spanish proficiency placement exam during orientation. If you are uncertain of your level, your program manager can recommend a language assessment option upon request.
- Students who wish to take the internship course can choose between an internship for 15 hours (3 credits) or 30 hours (6 credits). If students opt for the 15 hour option, they will choose one more class. If they opt for the 30 hour option, they would not take an additional class.
- Students who wish to take the semester or summer internship course will need to fill out this supplemental internship application:
- Students will need to reference this description of potential internship placements in order to complete the application successfully:
- "Spain since 1936" and "Seminar: Spanish Transition Toward Democracy" cannot be taken together due to a schedule conflict.
- Students who are interested in interning or volunteering in education or in fields that include interaction with children during their time in Spain should be aware they will likely be required to show proof of a state-issued child abuse clearance and/or a background check. Please speak with your program manager for more information.
Choosing Your Courses
You will formally register for courses upon arrival to the Fundación Ortega-Marañón - Toledo.
- Secure approval for at least 6-8 courses per semester
- List alternate courses in order of interest.
- First choices may not be available due to schedule conflicts.
Grades will be reported exactly as they appear on the Fundacion transcript.