We try to make your travel overseas as easy as possible. Arcadia Orientation is mandatory for all students and you should plan to arrive on the arrival date indicated on your Program Calendar. Please keep in mind, traveling overseas is not just about your flight, but any visa requirements you must complete in advance of your time abroad. Please also note important flight booking details below.
Arcadia has organized a Group Flights arranged through Student Universe departing from Los Angeles (LAX). To book your travel visit Student Universe. All students studying at Canterbury, Victoria, and Otago must book additional internal domestic flights as directed.
- Arcadia staff will be at the Auckland airport on the morning of the scheduled arrival date to meet the organized group flight. If you arrive in New Zealand on the scheduled arrival date and time you will be eligible for group transportation from the airport to your orientation accommodation. We recommend that you book a flight that arrives at the Auckland airport by 7:30 am (Spring) / 6:30 am (Fall) to give you enough time to meet the staff.
- Final transportation will depart at 8:00 am (Spring) / 7:00 am (Fall). In the event that you miss the group transportation for any reason, you will need to proceed to your orientation accommodation independently and at your own expense. Our staff will provide you with detailed arrival instructions to do this.
- You must check in to orientation by 9:30 am (Spring) / 8:30 am (Fall) on your program start date, regardless of when you arrive in-country.
- Environmental Studies: Ethics, Culture, and Sustainability (EECS): Because of the travel-intensive nature of this programs, students are strongly encouraged book the group flight arranged with Student Universe.
Booking your flight
- You are responsible for arranging and purchasing your own flight.
- You should plan to book your arrival in Auckland International Airport (AKL).
- You will need to depart 2 days prior to your scheduled arrival date.
- If you plan to arrive before the scheduled program start, you will be responsible for any costs associated with transportation and housing.
- If you plan to arrive before the scheduled program start, please be sure to check your visa requirements.
- In the event you arrive late and miss the arranged transportation for any reason, you will need to proceed to your orientation accommodation at your own expense. Detailed directions will be provided in your travel guide.
- Once you have confirmed your travel itinerary, please complete the Flight Form in your Arcadia Passport account.