Students may enroll in 3 (15 US credits/60 Westminster credits) or 4 (20* US credits/80 Westminster credits) courses per semester.
*A 20-credit load per semester is considered credit overload at many institutions; please consult with your Program Manager and home school if you are interested in this option.
- Please review your courses with your academic or study abroad advisor to ensure they will transfer back to your home school and that you are following your home school’s policies.
- Please be flexible – we can’t guarantee specific courses. If your participation in the program depends on a particular course, be sure to make a note on your online preferences form.
Westminster has four campuses. The campus a particular course is based from is denoted in the course code:
- Regent Campus
- Harrow Campus (located approximately 45 minutes from Central London campuses)
- Cavendish Campus
- Marylebone Campus
About Harrow's Location:
You can take classes at both Harrow and Central London campuses, but you should expect a commute of 45 minutes between campuses. All students who take two or more courses at Harrow will be housed at Harrow.
All Harrow College of Design, Creative and Digital Industries courses require a 3.0 GPA. Theory and practical courses are available in the Harrow School; students are permitted to take up to two practical courses per semester.
Courses listed as "Year" are not available to students who will be at Westminster for a single semester only.
Choosing Your Courses
Courses (also called modules) available are listed on the Study Abroad Modules (Classes), under the 'Study Abroad Classes' heading.
- You should use the Undergraduate Study Abroad Programmes catalogs, the first set of catalogs beneath each subject.
- Listings are by subject, category and semester.
- Documents list details of all courses available to study abroad students within that subject category, with descriptions at the end.
- Refer to the U.S. credit equivalencies outlined below ONLY, as Arcadia converts classes into U.S.credits differently than Westminster.
You should be mindful of the indicated Level for each course:
- Level 4 - Introductory, No background required
- Level 5 - Sophomore and Junior level. Must satisfy relevant pre-requisites
- Level 6 - Senior, Advanced. 5-6 prior courses, plus satisfy relevant pre-requisites. It is recommended that students have at least a 2.8 GPA (3.0 for Harrow) to enroll in level 6 courses.
Study Abroad students should enroll for courses according to the following guidelines:
- Autumn or Spring Semester students will take 3 or 4 courses for 60-80 Westminster credits, or the equivalent of 15-20 U.S. credits.
- Academic Year students will take 6-8 courses for 120-160 Westminster credits, or the equivalent of 30-40 U.S. credits for the academic year.
- Individual courses may be offered at 20 or 40 Westminster credits.
Please be mindful that four courses per semester is typically equivalent to 20 US credits per semester which is considered a credit overload at many institutions. Please contact your Program Manager for more information if you are interested in this option.
|Westminster Credit Values
||U.S. Credit Equivalent
|20 Westminster credits
||5 U.S. credits
|40 Westminster credits
||10 U.S. credits
The University of Westminster pre-registers you in the classes you select with your application.
- Choose carefully - courses are difficult to change after application
- Make sure to list at least one alternate course for every course you select, totaling at least 6-8 courses per semester. List your choices and alternates in order of preference.
- You will receive your courses and schedule after arrival.
- You will have the chance to change your courses upon arrival during your individual registration appointment.
Harrow College of Design, Creative and Digital Industries
- For practice-based classes submit a portfolio of recent and relevant work on a CD/DVD or electronically. Please contact your Program Manager for instructions. Portfolio guidelines are available for your review.
- Art classes: no more than 10 recent works with descriptions
- Broadcasting or communications classes: recordings or videos of your work.
- Journalism classes: articles you have written.
- All Harrow College of Design, Creative and Digital Industries courses require a 3.0 GPA. If you have below a 3.0 GPA, you will not be able to take these classes.
The following information is vetted and provided by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) on the Electronic Database for Global Education (EDGE).
|70 – 100%
|60 – 69%
||Second Class Upper
|50 – 59%
||Second Class Lower
|40 – 49%
|0 – 39%
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY COPYRIGHT AACRAO EDGE.