You will take 3-6 classes per semester for a total of between 12.5-15 credits in the fall and spring semesters.
- Make sure your credits transfer back for credit with your home school – this is your responsibility.
- Please be flexible about courses – we can’t guarantee placement in specific courses.
- Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form to The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University.
A list of undergraduate classes available to study abroad students at Bangor University is found here.
- Click on the schools below to show all the disciplines (courses) they offer.
- Follow the links for details of the classes (modules) studied in each discipline.
- Click on the "Year 1 Modules," "Year 2 Modules," and "Year 3 Modules" tabs to view all classes in that discipline.
- Classes are organized by semester.
- You may choose from compulsory or optional modules.
- The course description is found within the drop-down menus.
||Normal Year Taken
|Semester One = Fall Semester
||Year 1 = a Sophomore level course
|Semester Two = Spring Semester
||Year 2 = a Junior level course
|Full Year = Academic Year
||Year 3 = Honors Level = a Senior/Graduate level course
Admittance into Level 3/ Honors-level classes is selective and at the discretion of Bangor's departmental tutors upon review of your official transcripts.
To qualify, you must have:
- Taken at least 3 prior classes in that subject at your home university
- Earned a grade of a B or above in each of those classes
Most departments will limit a qualified student to no more than one or two Year 3 courses per semester.
Year 4 and 5 courses are not open to study abroad students.
Making Your Course Selections
You will need to submit the course registration form on your Arcadia Passport. List all course choices and alternates in order of preference. Your first choices may not be available due to timetabling, prerequisite, or availability issues.
This form is used only to determine your eligibility for admission and for the pre-registration process at Bangor.
- Academic Year = 120 Bangor credits = 30 semester hour credits
- Fall term = 60 Bangor credits = 15 semester hour credits
- Spring Semester = 60 Bangor credits = 15 semester hour credits
You are responsible for:
- Meeting with your academic advisor to discuss course selections.
- Obtaining approval for approximately 8-10 classes per semester (including alternates).
- Registering for a full academic load.
- No specific course requests can be guaranteed by Arcadia or Bangor.
- Final course registration does not take place until you arrive at Bangor University.