You will take 3-6 classes per semester for a total of 12.5-15 credits per semester.
- Make sure your courses transfer back for credit with your home school and that you are registered for a full academic load according to your home school policies – this is your responsibility.
- Please be flexible about courses – we can’t guarantee placement in specific courses.
- Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course form to The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University.
Admittance into Level 3/ Honors-level classes is selective (limited to 1-2).
To qualify, you must have:
- 3 prior classes in that subject
- B or above in each
Year 4 and 5 courses are not open to study abroad students.
At Bangor, courses are called modules.
Choosing Your Courses
- Go to the Bangor courses page.
- Module list by academic department (3rd option down)
- select all years
- then view
- choose any course in years 1-3
- year 4 requires prerequisites
- 1 stands for fall semester
- 2 stands for spring semester
- do not choose a 1+2 course if you're intending to study abroad for one semester
- hyperlinked code contains additional information
||Normal Year Taken
|Semester One = Fall Semester
||Year 1 = a Sophomore level course
|Semester Two = Spring Semester
||Year 2 = a Junior level course
|Full Year = Academic Year
||Year 3 = Honors Level = a Senior/Graduate level course
- Academic Year = 120 Bangor credits = 30 U.S. credits
- Fall semester = 60 Bangor credits = 15 U.S. credits
- Spring Semester = 60 Bangor credits = 15 U.S. credits
Making Your Course Selections
You will need to submit the course registration form on your Arcadia Passport. List all course choices and alternates in order of preference. Your first choices may not be available due to timetabling, prerequisite, or availability issues.
This form is used only to determine your eligibility for admission and for the pre-registration process at Bangor.
- Academic Year = 120 Bangor credits = 30 semester hour credits
- Fall term = 60 Bangor credits = 15 semester hour credits
- Spring Semester = 60 Bangor credits = 15 semester hour credits
Course registration will take place once you arrive at Bangor University.
If your enrollment is conditional upon entry into a specific course or courses, it is very important that you indicate these requirements at the bottom of the online course form on your Arcadia Passport.
Grade Scale for the United Kingdom - AACRAO EDGE
The following information is vetted and provided by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) on the Electronic Database for Global Education (EDGE).
||Suggested U.S. EQUIVaLENT
|70 – 100%
|60 – 69%
||Second Class Upper
|50 – 59%
||Second Class Lower
|40 – 49%
|0 – 39%
Intellectual property copyright AACRAO EDGE.