You will take 3-6 classes per semester for a total of 12 credit hours in the fall and 15 credit hours in the spring.
- Make sure your credits transfer back for credit with your home school-- this is your responsibility.
- Please be flexible about courses-- we can’t guarantee placement in specific courses.
- Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form to The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University.
Bangor University courses available to study abroad students are available at Gazettes On-Line, Bangor's on-line course catalog where you will have several search options:
- The most relevant option is "View all modules run by a department."
- Scroll down the pull-down menu to locate the department. It is possible to cross-register among different departments.
- Be careful not to select "View all courses" in a department as this will only provide a list of majors and not specific courses available.
- You can further narrow your search by selecting first-, second-, or third-year modules.
- Clicking on "View" will bring up a list of courses.
|Delivery Period||Normal Year Taken|
|Semester One = Fall Semester
||Year 1 = a Sophomore level course
|Semester Two = Spring Semester
||Year 2 = a Junior level course
|Full Year = Academic Year
||Year 3 = Honors Level = a Senior/Graduate level course
Admittance into Level 3/ Honors-level classes is selective and at the discretion of Bangor's departmental tutors upon review of your official transcripts.
To qualify, you must have:
- Taken at least 3 prior classes in that subject at your home university
- Earned a grade of a B or above in each of those classes
Most departments will limit a qualified student to no more than one or two Year 3 courses per semester.
Year 4 and 5 courses are not open to study abroad students.
Making Your Course Selections
You will need to submit the course registration form on your Arcadia Passport. List all course choices and alternates in order of preference. Your first choices may not be available due to timetabling, prerequisite, or availability issues.
This form is used only to determine your eligibility for admission and for the pre-registration process at Bangor.
- Academic Year = 120 Bangor credits = 30 semester hour credits
- Fall term = 60 Bangor credits = 12 semester hour credits
- Spring Semester = 60 Bangor credits = 15 semester hour credits
You are responsible for:
- Meeting with your academic advisor to discuss course selections.
- Obtaining approval for approximately 8-10 classes per semester (including alternates).
- Registering for a full academic load.
- No specific course requests can be guaranteed by Arcadia or Bangor.
- Final course registration does not take place until you arrive at Bangor University.