Applicants must indicate a preferred research topic and two alternates. A complete list of research topics for each location is available on the program page.
- GPA Requirements: Varies depending on location. Visit individual STEM Summer Research program pages for specific GPA requirements.
- Submit a complete application including: a transcript, letter of recommendation, personal essay, resume and an advisor's form.
- Your personal essay is a brief interest statement which will be submitted along with other application requirements via Passport. This will be essential to gauge each candidate’s aptitude for research. Please be sure to list any pertinent lab science courses, field study and undergraduate research experience.
- Ensure you have the necessary lab prerequisites needed for the project you apply for. The necessary prerequisites vary by lab, and Arcadia will take care, in partnership with you and your faculty advisors, to ensure that you are placed in labs appropriate to your academic background. You must be academically prepared through particular courses to succeed in this type of lab research.
- You will apply to the program of your first choice project. Please list your 2nd and 3rd choice projects in the personal essay. (Your 2nd and 3rd choices may be offered on a different summer research program, but you only need to apply to one program.)
- Choose your research project: Review Project titles and descriptions; List 3 (in order of preference) in your personal essay. Each program is highly individualized, with limited enrollment.
- Before the start of the program, you will need to complete a brief Literature Review in consultation with your research supervisor prior to departure before the start of the program.
- Lastly, you must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation.