This program will not be running for summer 2020. courses, including a virtual internship, are available through our new Virtual Europe Program
Students at all levels of Spanish can be accommodated in the Granada summer program. You will take 6 credits in the session.
Your Spanish language courses will be determined by your level of fluency. Final course enrollment will be confirmed after your placement exam during orientation in Granada.
Final course enrollment will be determined by the CLM after your placement exam during orientation.
Choosing Your Courses
There are 2 program options:
If you choose Option 2, your Spanish language skills must be at an intermediate level.
All students will take at least one Intensive Spanish language course. You can structure your program based on one of two options: CILE or CILYC as described below.
- One session = 6 credits
- Two sessions = 12 credits (not an option in Summer 2020)
To complete your Academic Preferences Form, complete the course grid with your desired courses. Note: The CLM does not use course codes, so please leave this section blank.
Option 1 - Intensive Spanish Language Program (CILE)
The program has been adapted to comply with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Your placement in one of the following levels will be dependent on the results of a placement exam. You will take 90 hours of language study and conversation workshops for a total of 6 credits.
- GRAN SPAN 101S: Intensive Spanish Beginner Level
- GRAN SPAN 102S: Intensive Spanish Elementary Level
- GRAN SPAN 201S: Intensive Spanish Lower Intermediate Level
- GRAN SPAN 202S: Intensive Spanish Intermediate Level
- GRAN SPAN 301S: Intensive Spanish Upper Intermediate Level
- GRAN SPAN 302S: Intensive Spanish Advanced Level
- GRAN SPAN 401S: Intensive Spanish Upper Advanced Level
- GRAN SPAN 402S: Intensive Spanish Superior Level
View Spanish Curriculum.
Option 2: Intensive Spanish Language and Culture Program (CILYC)
To be eligible for this option, you must place into an Intermediate or higher level of Spanish as all courses are taught in Spanish.
You may choose two 3-credit elective courses, or a combination of 1.5-credit elective courses, earning a total of 6 credits per session. You are not required to take a Spanish Language course.
3-Credit Elective Courses:
- GRAN SPAN 2xxS Intensive Spanish Intermediate Level
- GRAN SPAN 3xxS Intensive Spanish Advanced Level
- GRAN SPAN 4xxS Intensive Spanish Superior Level
- GRAN SPAN 212S Spanish and Latin American Literature
- GRAN SPAN 213S Spanish Literature, Micro-narrative and Post-Modern Aesthetics
- GRAN SPAN 214S Latin American Literature, Micro-Narrative and Post-Modern Aesthetics
- GRAN SPAN 223S Spanish Geography and History
- GRAN SPAN 224S History and History of Art in Spain
- GRAN SPAN 233S Spanish and Islamic Culture in Spain
- GRAN SPAN 234S Spanish and Latin American Culture
- GRAN SPAN 245S S Spanish and EU Legal Systems and Business Law in Spain
- GRAN SPAN 251S Renewable Energies, Water, and Environment
- GRAN SPAN 261S Business Internship Program
- GRAN SPAN 262S Health Internship Program
View Course Offerings (document in Spanish)
1.5 Credit Elective Courses:
- GRAN SPAN 210S Spanish Literature
- GRAN SPAN 211S Latin American Literature
- GRAN SPAN 215S Micro-narrative and Post-Modern Aesthetic
- GRAN SPAN 220S History of Spain
- GRAN SPAN 221S Spanish Geography
- GRAN SPAN 222S History of Art in Spain
- GRAN SPAN 230S Spanish Civilization and Culture
- GRAN SPAN 231S Islamic Culture in Spain
- GRAN SPAN 232S Latin American Civilization and Culture
- GRAN SPAN 203S Diversity of Spanish in the World
- GRAN SPAN 204S Introduction to Business Spanish
- GRAN SPAN 216S English-Spanish Translation
- GRAN SPAN 243S Spanish Business Law
- GRAN SPAN 244S Spanish and EU Legal Systems
- GRAN SPAN 252S Water and Environment
- GRAN SPAN 253S Renewable Energies
- GRAN SPAN 263S Service Learning and Community Internship Program
View Course Offerings (document is in Spanish).
Official course registration will take place upon arrival. The Academic Preferences Form you submit to Arcadia is not set in stone.
The following information is vetted and provided by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) on the Electronic Database for Global Education (EDGE).
||9 - 10
||7 - 8.99
||6 - 6.99
||5 - 5.99
||0 - 4.99
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY COPYRIGHT AACRAO EDGE.