University of Stirling Courses
You will take 15 credit hours, typically over three classes per semester.
- Please review your courses with your academic or study abroad advisor to ensure they will transfer back to your home school and that you are following your home school’s policies.
- Please be flexible – we can’t guarantee specific courses. If your participation in the program depends on a particular course, be sure to make a note on your online course form.
Admittance into SCQF Level 10 courses is selective and at the discretion of Stirling's departmental tutors upon review of students’ official transcripts.
- To qualify for Level 10 courses, you must have:
- Taken at least 3 prior classes in that subject
- Earned a grade of a B or above in each
- Most departments will limit to one or two Level 10 courses per semester
University of Stirling courses can be viewed by selecting the "Study Abroad Course Course Catalog". Select a Faculty (group of departments) from the left-hand side to view modules by department in alphabetical order. You can also search directly for a specific module using the Module Search feature.
You should also familiarize yourself with the details in the "Essential Information" document.
- Delivery Period
- See "Availability" in each course description for confirmation.
- Understanding Course Codes
- SCQF Level 8 = a Freshman/ Sophomore level course (course numbers ending in 1 or 2)
- SCQF Level 9 = a Junior level course (course numbers ending in 3 or 4)
- SCQF Level 10 = Honors Level = a Senior/Graduate level course (course numbers ending in 5-8 or a letter)
- Last digit of a course number: odd number = fall course; even number = spring course
- Academic Year = 120 SCQF units = 30 semester hour credits
- Fall or Spring Semester = 60 SCQF units = 15 U.S. semester hour credits
- Most students take 3 Stirling classes per semester.
Students register for approved courses upon acceptance of their offer to study at the university. Course availability is subject to change prior to arrival when all student courses are finalized and confirmed.
List all course choices and alternates in order of preference.
Grade Scale for University of Stirling - AACRAO EDGE
The following information is vetted and provided by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) on the Electronic Database for Global Education (EDGE).
|70 – 100%
|60 – 69%
||Second Class Upper
|50 – 59%
||Second Class Lower
|40 – 49%
|0 – 39%
Intellectual property copyright AACRAO EDGE.