You will enroll in 2 courses and earn 5 credits over a period of four weeks, or you will enroll in 3 or 4 courses and earn 7.5 or 10 credits over a period of eight weeks.
- Please review your courses with your academic or study abroad advisor to ensure they will transfer back to your home school and that you are following your home school’s policies.
- Please be flexible – we can’t guarantee specific courses. If your participation in the program depends on a particular course, be sure to make a note on your online course form.
Choosing Your Courses
- Review the course offerings for the University of Stirling International Summer School.
- The program is offered in two 4-week blocks. You may enroll in one or both blocks. Here is when the blocks generally occur:
- Block 1: mid-June to mid-July
- Block 2: mid-July to mid-August
- All courses are worth 2.5 US credits, which is equivalent to 10 SCQF (Scottish) credits and 5 ECTS (European) credits.
- If you enroll in one Block, you must take 2 courses over the 4 weeks (5 U.S. credits total).
- If you enroll in both Blocks, you must take 3 courses (7.5 US credits total) over the 8 weeks, and you may take 4 courses (10 US credits total).
You will need to complete a course registration form through your Arcadia Passport. List all course choices and alternates in order of preference. Your first choices may not be available due to timetabling, prerequisite, or availability issues.
Indicate "Block1" or "Block2" for each choice in the "Term" section.
This form is used only to determine your eligibility for admission and for the pre-registration process at Stirling.
Grade Scale for University of Stirling - AACRAO EDGE
The following information is vetted and provided by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) on the Electronic Database for Global Education (EDGE).
|70 – 100%
|60 – 69%
||Second Class Upper
|50 – 59%
||Second Class Lower
|40 – 49%
|0 – 39%
Intellectual property copyright AACRAO EDGE.