During the application process for housing at the University of St Andrews, you'll be required to select your preference by type of housing and meal option, rather than the physical housing complex. The selection available to Arcadia students are:
- Catered - Standard Room (both single and shared bedrooms available)
- Catered - En-Suite Bedroom
- Self-catered - Standard Room (both single and shared bedrooms available)
- Self-catered - En-Suite Bedroom
Once you have selected your housing preference, the housing office at St Andrews will do their best to match you with your preferred option. Please note that you are not guaranteed your first preference.
Please review the University of St Andrews housing website to view the apartment types available for each category.
More about St. Andrews
A Student Tour of Campus
The following residences are commonly where Arcadia students have been placed but please note that you could be allocated to a different housing complex:
- David Russell Apartments
- The largest and most diverse housing complex offered at the St Andrews. Predominantly self-catered en-suite rooms, but some catered options are available. Located slightly further from town, but still only a 20-minute walk to campus.
- St Salvator’s Hall
- Where Prince William stayed during his first year at St Andrews. This catered facility with standard rooms offers all the pomp and ceremony St Andrews has to offer. Located in the heart of the University, with a short walk to all campus amenities.
- University Hall
- The original "halls of residence" at St Andrews, in a charming Victorian-era building. University Hall offers predominantly single self-catered bedrooms, but catered options are available. Located close to the University Sports Centre, and a 15-minute walk from campus
- Agnes Blackadder Hall
- Predominantly catered en-suite rooms, but some single self-catered options also available. Located adjacent to the Old Course golf links, and a short 15-minute walk to campus.
All housing options include:
- Fully furnished bedrooms including wardrobes, desks, and sufficient storage.
- Bed linen is provided by Arcadia, although you should bring towels. You can purchase additional bedding items once arrived in St Andrews.
- Shared common areas
- Kitchen or kitchenette facilities for preparing meals. You must provide your own cookware and utensils.
- High Speed Wi-Fi throughout the housing complex
- On-site, pay-as-you-go laundry facilities
- 24/7 security and staff assistance
Catered Residence Halls (Meal Plan)
If you are placed in a catered residence hall, there is a standard meal-plan which has an additional fee. In most halls, 19 meals are provided per week (breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Monday-Friday; breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday). In the David Russell Apartments, however, 14 meals are provided per week (breakfast and dinner on Monday-Friday, breakfast and lunch only on weekends)
- Please note: Vegetarian options are available. Vegan, halal, or kosher dietary requirements are not catered for. If you have a specific allergy or dietary requirement, you should discuss this with the catering team prior to your arrival.
Please also see the main Scotland housing page for more information relating to housing in Scotland.