As a participant on an Arcadia program, you are guaranteed housing. Our priority is to provide a safe, clean, cost-effective and convenient place for you to live, while offering you every opportunity to explore the local culture and community. As you read through the information below, please also review the general Scotland housing information.
- Most student residences in Scotland feature self-catered, apartment-style living with single, twin or triple bedrooms and shared kitchens, living and bathroom facilities.
- Your program fee does not include meals or meal plans but you’ll be within easy reach of food stores and amenities.
- Where possible we will place you with Scottish students. If you want to submit a roommate request we will need it from both you and your friend in writing. While we will do our best to accommodate your request, we cannot guarantee specific assignments.
- Scotland is a small country where individual space, personal comfort, and social norms play a different role than in the US. Scottish housing usually features central heating and an in-house water tank that works on timed emersion systems for both economic and environmental savings.
- All housing options provide internet access, however, the type of access will vary according to your specific program.
A bedding pack, including a duvet, sheets, and pillow/pillowcase will be provided. Students will need to supply their own towels, which can be easily purchased in Scotland.
- You’ll have your housing throughout your semester, including breaks both during and between semesters. Only full-year student are eligible for housing over the winter holiday.
- Since accommodation considerations can vary, we have to reserve our right to change housing options at any time.
We encourage you to take advantage of the housing provided by Arcadia or by your British institution. If you wish to decline these options and make your own arrangements, you must submit a written request. Your Program Manager can talk you through your options.
If you have any special needs regarding your housing – dietary, medical, physical – please let us know when applying. Any information received will be treated as confidential and only shared with individuals involved in your housing placement.
- Specific program housing details are outlined on each program page.
- Arcadia University Housing Policy is detailed in our Student Handbook.