Bainfield Student Apartments
Edinburgh Napier University’s new student residence, Bainfield, is located in the popular Fountainbridge area of central Edinburgh. You’ll find excellent amenities right outside your front door - including a grocery store, movie theater, bowling alley, restaurants, cafes and a commercial fitness center.
Fountainbridge is also a 20-minute walk or short bus journey from Edinburgh’s most popular areas, including Edinburgh’s central shopping district at Princes Street, the heart of the historic Old Town and Edinburgh Castle.
In addition to being centrally located within the city, Bainfield is a prime location for Edinburgh Napier University students - just 15 minutes’ walk from Edinburgh Napier University’s Merchiston campus and right on the main bus routes to both Craiglockhart and Sighthill campuses. Please also see the main Scotland housing information.
- Bainfield is a brand-new, purpose-built student housing complex that opened in fall 2013. The complex houses almost 800 students including Scottish, British and international undergraduate and graduate students. Arcadia Edinburgh Internship Program participants will share apartments with other study abroad and exchange students.
- Each apartment houses 4 - 8 students in single rooms with private en-suite bathrooms and shared kitchen and living space.
- Each single bedroom is furnished with a bed, desk, drawers and a wardrobe and has a full private bathroom attached.
- Each apartment has a kitchen/living area with standard appliances and couches. (The size of the shared space will vary depending on the number of students residing in the apartment.)
- Paid laundry facilities are located in the Bainfield complex.
- Internet access is included but may require ethernet cables.
- Bed linens provided.