Food & Sustainability Studies
The program requires a one credit core course in food studies and one Italian language course. Additionally, you will choose elective courses in food studies.
- Please review your courses with your academic or study abroad advisor to ensure they will transfer back to your home school and that you are following your home school’s policies.
- Please be flexible – we can’t guarantee specific courses. If your participation in the program depends on a particular course, be sure to make a note on your online course form.
- Placement test to determine Italian proficiency during orientation.
- Students must take at least one Italian language course.
Choosing Your Courses
Refer to the Umbra website for your chosen period of study.
Food Studies Program
Food and Sustainability Studies Courses
When completing your Academic Preferences Form:
- Required Core Course FSST 100 (Experiencing Sustainable Italian Foodways) will automatically populate.
- Answer question about Italian language track.
- For elective options, refer to the list on the Food and Sustainability Studies Courses page.
- List and secure approval for elective courses and alternates.
- Please list all courses in order of preference.
Official course registration will take place upon arrival. The online course form you submit to Arcadia prior to acceptance is not set in stone.
Miscellaneous and Fees
Your course may require academic excursions and other activities that have additional fees associated which are not included in your program fee. Please be sure to consult the Umbra Institute course pages to learn if your courses have associated lab fees.
Grades will be reported exactly as they appear on the Umbra Institute transcript.