You will enroll in 4 courses and earn 16 U.S. credits per semester.
- Please review your courses with your academic or study abroad advisor to ensure they will transfer back to your home school and that you are following your home school’s policies.
- Please be flexible – we can’t guarantee specific courses. If your participation in the program depends on a particular course, be sure to make a note on your online preferences form.
Choosing Your Courses
Refer to the Module Catalogs for Study Abroad Students:
- Visit Winchester's page for study abroad students and expand the "Module Information" tab under the "Other Information for Incoming Students" heading. Consult the Semester 1 Module Catalog for fall courses and the Semester 2 Module Catalog for spring courses.
- Note: if you plan to study abroad for the Academic Year, you will need to consult both catalogs in making your course selections.
- Please use the table below when reviewing the course catalog.
- You may also consider enrolling in a Value Studies Module, a unique set of modules offered by the University of Winchester that involve an interdisciplinary, co-taught set of seminar-based courses investigating various questions about ethics, politics, art, religion and education.
||Begins with 1
||Begins with 2
||Begins with 3
When completing your Academic Preferences Form:
- Indicate your intended subject of study. A list of available subjects can be found on the Contents page of the Study Abroad Student Module Catalog.
- Select 4 modules and 4 alternate modules for each semester of study, and list these courses in order of preference. (i.e. courses 1-4 will be the courses in which you plan to enroll, and courses 5-8 will be your alternate courses, with 5 being the most preferred alternate and 8 being the least preferred alternate).
Your Program Manager will review your Academic Preferences Form and contact you with questions.
Before your semester begins, you will receive a provisional confirmation of your selected modules. Course times and offerings may change up until the first day of class.
The Spring Semester at Winchester is shorter than other Direct Enroll programs in England, allowing you to squeeze more into your summer. All Spring courses have the option of early assessments meaning you will finish at the end of the teaching semester in early April.
When you arrive at Winchester you will be placed in 1 of 4 faculties (schools) based on your modules. The faculties are:
- BSS (Business, Law & Sport)
- HSS (Humanities & Social Sciences)
- EHSC (Education, Health & Social Care)
Grade Scale for the United Kingdom - AACRAO EDGE
The following information is vetted and provided by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) on the Electronic Database for Global Education (EDGE).
|70 – 100%
|60 – 69%
||Second Class Upper
|50 – 59%
||Second Class Lower
|40 – 49%
|0 – 39%
Intellectual property copyright AACRAO EDGE.