As a student on this program, the University of Manchester guarantees you accommodation in university housing. You’ll live in either catered or self-catered residences. The majority of rooms are single rooms, which include a bed, desk, chair, wardrobe and shelves. Some halls also provide bed linen. For more information please see the main accommodation page for England.
Catered Halls of Residence
- Meals are included at a supplemental cost. You will be given your breakfast and evening meal at the residence and you will have to take care of your own lunch.
- Facilities include small shared kitchens.
- Some catered residences have very informal meal arrangements and some consider mealtimes as more of a social event for their residents.
- Some catered residences have a collegiate atmosphere with smaller close-knit communities and an emphasis on student participation in Hall life.
Self-Catering Halls of Residence
- Meals are not included.
- You'll live in a single room in a shared flat or a room along an open corridor.
- Shared facilities include communal lounges and communal kitchens with ample cupboard space, cookers, microwaves, refrigerators and freezers.
- Some have televisions.