Your Irish home away from home
Jump To The Program List
The Arcadia Dublin Center is the hub for Arcadia student support throughout the island of Ireland. We are located in the heart of Dublin in a cultural quarter known as Temple Bar, which is bustling with activity in the arts, education and music scenes and just a short walk from Trinity College, St Stephen’s Green, the National Museum and a multitude of shops, restaurants and entertainment venues.
Our center and its staff will help you settle in and make the most out of your stay in the Emerald Isle, helping you coordinate with your Irish institution and offering guest lecturers, cultural workshops and research seminars on topical issues. We’ll also show you around Dublin and help you relate your American life to your new Irish lifestyle, mixing Thanksgiving dinner with pumpkin carving and Irish music and dance.
Arcadia has a longstanding history in Ireland, with our first students studying abroad in Ireland in the late-70s. This experience and all Center activities are at your disposal, wherever you are studying on this captivating island.
- Enthusiastic staff and faculty – From academic support in a system that has little continuous assessment and health & safety expertise, to roommate advice, tin whistle lessons, quirky recommendations on the best Irish stew or how to have fun ('the craic') – we’re here to help.
- On-site facilities – Classrooms, a lounge to meet and mingle, computers, printers, free WIFI, fax and a library.
- Homestays – Our staff organize a weekend homestay for every student after orientation to give you a jump start at integrating with Irish people, their witty sense of humor and their communities.
- Learning beyond the classroom – Activities facilitated by our staff are linked to coursework — volunteering, service learning, cultural engagement, excursions and more.
- Keeping in touch – We are available 24/7 and like to keep in-touch with our students on social media through our blog and online channels such Facebook groups, Instagram and Twitter accounts.