The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University is committed to supporting you in your efforts to promote education abroad and international education. We value the relationships we have established with study abroad advisors, administrators and faculty at institutions around the globe. We partner with you and support your efforts in many ways including:
The College of Global Studies prides itself on our knowledgeable and experienced staff and we are available to visit your campus to speak or present to your faculty, administrators, staff and students. Our staff includes individuals who are experts in nearly all areas of education abroad, including programming, finances and scholarships, curriculum matching, health and safety, assessment and evaluation, internships and experiential education, first year programming, and student services. We invite you to reach out to our staff to support your work on campus.
- The members of our Institutional Relations team are the primary contacts for our U.S. partners and available for campus presentations to your faculty, administrators, staff and students. They are specialists who are knowledgeable about Arcadia's program offerings and have visited most of our program sites. For newer advisors, the team members can serve as a valuable resource for learning about the field. For seasoned advisors, the campus visit can provide a forum to update you on program developments.
- In collaboration with our Student Services team, our Institutional Relations team members are willing to work with you in conducting pre-departure orientations or other preparatory efforts for students enrolled in Arcadia programs.
- Our academic team are available to meet with administrators and faculty to discuss curriculum matters, program design, assessment activities among other academic issues.
- Additionally, we have staff available to visit your institution to talk about the critical and often complex topics of health and safety (including international compliance with Title IX and the Clery Act), financing study abroad and the many issues relating to ensuring student success during their overseas study.
Affiliation and Direct Billing agreements
Many of our partner institutions choose to be billed directly rather than the program participant being billed. We work with students to ensure they work with their home institution to discuss the details about the cost of participation in our programs. If you are interested in a direct billing agreement, please contact your regional institutional representative.
For more information on any of the Scholarship opportunities, or any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact your regional institutional representative at any time.
Professional Development Opportunities
The College of Global Studies is committed to providing our partners the opportunity to learn more about our mission, philosophy, pedagogy, programming, and co-curricular learning.
- The Advisor Day Series provides a networking professional development opportunity among the Arcadia staff as well as with peers in international education from other U.S. institutions. These one day workshops provide you with the opportunity to visit The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University for a one day workshop, learning about aspects of our programming as well as affording an opportunity to discuss current issues in the field.
- Faculty Roundtables present an opportunity for your faculty from particular disciplines to attend focused discussions on specific disciplinary topics, and or program development. Typically, these roundtables occur once or twice a year around focused topics. Please inquire with your institutional representative regarding these opportunities.
- Partner Previews - The College of Global Studies has transformed the notion of the traditional advisor site visit into a learning opportunity for both your faculty and staff. The previews are typically a week in length and visit one or two overseas centers, exploring the academic programs, the context in which they function, as well as the services, faculty, and staff present in the center. Participants on our Partner Previews will be accompanied by members of the academic and institutional relations teams of The College of Global Studies. You can expect to meet our staff, see our students' various learning environments, and learn more about the mission and learning objectives of each program.
- Colloquia, Faculty Lecture Series, Webinars and other Workshops - The College of Global Studies also routinely engages in a variety of other related activities to foster dialog, learning and information sharing. Since 2011, The College has offered an annual colloquium where a critical issue in higher education is discussed amongst the participants. We offer an online faculty lecture series, where international scholars share their work and thought. Our staff have presented webinars to students and administrators on issues such as visas and health and safety. We encourage our partners to inquire or request particular topics or opportunities that might support your work.
While education abroad remains at the core of our work, The College’s mission extends our commitment to the internationalization of higher education in all aspects of the academy. As an academic unit of Arcadia University, The College supports a variety of institutional endeavors, including the exchange of students, faculty and scholars, sponsorship of international interns, visiting faculty and Fulbright Scholars.
Additionally, within some of our overseas Arcadia Centers, The College of Global Studies supports our overseas institutions by including their local students within the Arcadia Center courses. Such opportunities enrich the overall student learning environment, and create meaningful partnerships between institutions, as we support one another’s curricular needs.
The College of Global Studies has the experience and ability to support our international partners in their efforts to promote education abroad amongst their own students – both to the U.S., but also to other Arcadia Centers located throughout the world. We would welcome a discussion on the opportunities for your institution.