As a participant on an Arcadia program, you are guaranteed housing. Our priority is to provide a safe, clean, cost-effective and convenient place for you to live, while offering you every opportunity to explore the local culture and community.
- Most student residences in Ireland feature apartment-style living, either on or off campus, with single, twin or triple bedrooms and shared kitchens, living and bathroom facilities.
- Your program fee does not include meals or meal plans but you’ll be within easy reach of food stores and amenities. Please check out our fees and budget estimates for additional expenses.
- Where possible we will place you with local students. If you want to submit a roommate request, we will need it from both you and your friend in writing. While we will do our best to accommodate your request, we cannot guarantee roommate requests.
- It is very common to live in mixed-gender housing in Ireland. Your room will be single-gender, though shared common spaces can be mixed-gender. If you would prefer single-gender housing, please note this on your Housing Form and be sure to speak with your Program Advisor to find out what is available on your program.
- Internet access will vary according to your specific program accommodation.
- Bed linens are provided to students on all programs in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Your Program Advisor can provide specifics.
- You’ll have your accommodation throughout your term/semester, including breaks during the term/semester. Depending on your program and housing assignment, accommodation may be available between semesters for academic year students; please check with your Program Advisor for further information.
- We will do our best to honor your housing preferences, however we cannot guarantee any specific housing assignments.
- Since housing considerations can vary, we have to reserve our right to change accommodation options at any time.
We encourage you to take advantage of the accommodation provided by Arcadia or by your Irish institution. If you wish to decline these options and make your own arrangements, you must submit a written request. Your Program Advisor can talk you through your options.
If you have any special needs regarding your accommodation – dietary, medical, physical – please let us know when applying. Any information received will be treated as confidential and only shared with individuals involved in your housing placement.
Housing Deadlines By Semester:
- Fall: June 30
- Spring: Nov 20
- Summer: March 31
- Specific program accommodation details are outlined on each program page.
- Arcadia University Housing Policy is detailed in our Student Handbook.