Finding affordable housing in central London is much easier said than done. Fortunately, as an Arcadia student in London, you need not worry - you are guaranteed housing in a centrally located area.
You will be placed in either Arcadia or City housing. You may indicate a preference on your Housing Form, but final housing assignments will be based on availability each semester.
We have two main housing venues in London, each located on the Tube’s Northern Line and within a public transport commute to class of 15 – 45 minutes (great for London!). Each one has a comfortable, close-knit atmosphere with 24-hour live-in staff and free resident life events. You will live with other students on your program and, in some cases, participants on other Arcadia programs.
Students on the City program are given preference at Thoresby House; however, rooms at Princess Elizabeth House may be assigned based on need and availability each semester.
- Thoresby House: Located between the trendy areas of Shoreditch and Angel, Thoresby House is surrounded by modern developments in an area of the city that gives easy access to some of the most fashionable and dynamic neighborhoods in the city. You’ll live in a single or larger shared twin room, with each floor having its own cooking facilities, communal area and bathrooms. Thoresby is about a 15-minute walk from City's campus. Internet is wireless in communal areas, wired in room (via Ethernet cable provided). Take a video tour.
- Princess Elizabeth House: Situated in a prestigious residential area close to Highgate Village, this residence was renovated to purposefully create modern student housing. The building is made up of shared flats and studios, with a limited number of single rooms. Princess Elizabeth House is about a 35 minute Tube journey to City's campus. Take a video tour.
Additional housing is arranged each term, as needed. We aim to provide similar locations and housing types to our regular venues. While we ensure all housing satisfies general standards, there is no way to guarantee uniformity of apartment and room sizes, distance from university, furnishings or facilities.
Liberty Court Student Apartments
Liberty Court is within a 15 - 20 minute walk of City University’s campus. The shared, self-catered apartments, or flats, have 3, 4 or 5 single bedrooms with a shared bathroom, equipped kitchen and a lounge.
Liberty Court is a popular option with limited availability. When available, Academic Year students will be placed in Liberty Court. If you are assigned to Liberty Court, your student account may be billed a supplemental housing fee.
Very Important Additional Points
- Meals are not included in either housing option, so you will have to budget for groceries and prepare your own meals; see our Estimate of Additional Expenses for each semester under More Info
- Academic Year students may not stay in Arcadia housing during winter break. Speak with your Program Manager if you plan to stay in London during the winter break because you will need to make alternative arrangements.
- Students with serious health concerns should notify their Program Manager during the application process and indicate any space needs on their housing preference form.
- Arcadia reserves the right to alter or change housing options at any time should circumstances warrant.
- Every room is different and unique. While Arcadia ensures that all rooms satisfy general standards, there is no way to guarantee uniformity of apartment and room sizes, furnishings, or facilities.
- Your packing space will be limited, so we do not recommend bringing bed linens or towels with you in your luggage. Basic bedding such as a towel, pillow, pillowcase, bottom sheet, duvet and duvet cover will be provided. If you wish to purchase your own bedding or home goods there will be free time during your orientation Arcadia staff will be able to direct you to local shops.
- Read more about General Housing in England.