You will take two courses for six credits for summer. Each course is worth 3 credits.
- Please review your courses with your academic or study abroad advisor to ensure they will transfer back to your home school and that you are following your home school’s policies.
- Please be flexible about courses – we can’t guarantee specific courses. If your participation in the program depends on a particular course, be sure to make a note on your online preferences form.
Final course enrollment will be determined by the Fundacion after your Spanish proficiency placement exam during orientation. If you are uncertain of your level, your program manager can recommend a language assessment option upon request.
For students interested in taking the internship course, please read the following information:
- Students who wish to take the summer internship course will need to fill out this supplemental internship application.
- Students will need to reference this Summer Guide, a description of potential internship placements, in order to complete the application successfully.
- Students who enroll in the 15-hour internship will also select one additional course. Students who enroll in the 30-hour internship course will take that course only for 6 U.S. credits.
- Students who are interested in interning or volunteering in education or other fields that include interaction with children during their time in Spain should be aware that they will likely be required to show proof of a state-issued child abuse clearance and/or a background check. Please speak with your program manager for more information.
Choosing Your Courses
You will formally register for courses upon arrival to the Fundación Ortega-Marañón - Toledo Summer.
- Secure approval for at least 3-4 courses.
- List alternate courses in order of interest.
- First choices may not be available due to schedule conflicts.
Grades will be reported exactly as they appear on the Fundación transcript.