FALL 2020 / SPRING 2021
Your Program Manager will alert you via email when it is time to book your flight. You are responsible for arranging and purchasing your own flight. To get yourself there on time, you’ll have many travel aspects to consider, including obtaining your visa (if applicable).
- Check airline policies and choose an airline with precautionary measures you're comfortable with. When selecting an airline and itinerary, prioritize safety over cost as much as possible. Limit the number of connections you have, if you are able.
- Purchase a ticket that is changeable or refundable.
- You should book your flight into Edinburgh Airport. Check in with your Program Manager if you are unsure where to arrive. Do not book a flight that connects through the Republic of Ireland, as this will prevent you from obtaining proper immigration clearances.
- We recommend you arrive at the airport by 3:00 pm on the scheduled arrival date. Once orientation is completed, we will provide you with transportation to your host institution.
- Arcadia staff will arrange your transportation from the airport to your housing accommodation, and will meet you at your housing accommodation to help you check in.
- Arcadia will send you a Travel Guide via email with more arrival details approximately two weeks before departure.
- Complete the Online Flight Form once you have booked. We can only arrange your airport transportation once this form is completed.
- Please note that you must attend all portions of your Arcadia orientation, including the virtual pre-departure session and any mandatory in-country orientation programming as listed on your Program Dates page.
- We strongly discourage students from arriving early (before your scheduled program start date) due to changing entry restrictions and quarantine requirements. If you plan to do so, please consult with your Program Manager. Students who arrive early assume all associated risks, and are responsible for arranging transportation and accommodation.
- If you want to travel after your program dates, please check your visa requirements.
- Review our Fall 2020 Expectations.
Booking Your Flight
We do not arrange group flights but we recommend you book through our travel provider: Student Universe for discounted student fares on designated group flights, on suggested available flights, or on individual student bookings.