As a participant on an Arcadia program, you are guaranteed housing. Our priority is to provide a safe, clean, cost-effective and convenient place for you to live, while offering you every opportunity to explore the local culture and community. In Greece we provide shared apartments in buildings inhabited by Greek families and located outside of the tourist area of Athens in Pangrati.
If you have any special needs regarding your accommodation – dietary, medical, physical – please let us know when applying. Any information received will be treated as confidential and only shared with individuals involved in your housing placement.Arcadia University Housing Policy is detailed in our Student Handbook.
Neighborhood of Pangrati
Pangrati is a residential neighborhood located near the original Olympic Stadium, from the 1896 games, and south of Vas. Konstantinou Avenue, one of Athens' major arteries. Made up of a mix of residences, cafes, shops, and businesses, Pangrati mirrors modern Greece, blending traditional nineteenth-century Athenian family residences and open-air markets with contemporary office buildings and trendy cafes and tavernas. For more, check out one of our center blog posts about Our Little Barnabas Square.
Arcadia Student Apartments
- Apartments are within 5- to 25-minute walk of the Arcadia Athens Center and have wifi.
- Each apartment is self-catering and accommodates 4-5 students, with single and double bedrooms and shared living areas, kitchens and bathrooms. Kitchens are fully furnished with all necessary crockery and cutlery.
- Your program fee does not include meals or meal plans but you’ll be within easy reach of food stores and amenities. Please check out our fees and budget estimates for additional expenses.
- It is most common to live in single-gender housing in Greece, but occasionally students may be assigned to mixed-gender housing. In this event, your room will be single-gender, though shared common spaces can be mixed-gender. If you would prefer single-gender housing, please note this on your Housing Form.
- There is no air conditioning in most Greek homes.
- We provide blankets and pillows – you need to bring/buy sheets, pillowcases and towels.
- Landline phones are available in each apartment but require a Greek calling card for all calls.
- You’ll have your accommodation throughout your semester, including breaks.
- Every room is different, and while we ensure that all rooms satisfy general standards, there is no way to guarantee uniformity of apartment and room sizes, distance from the Arcadia Center, furnishings or facilities.
Housing Application Deadlines:
We will do our best to honor your housing preferences, however we cannot guarantee any specific housing assignments. Since housing considerations can vary, we have to reserve our right to change accommodation options at any time.
- Spring Semester: November 1
- Fall Semester: May 15
- All Year Programs: May 15
- Summer: April 15