In order to study in Australia, you are required to have a valid Australian visa. This may seem daunting, but don’t worry, your program manager will walk you through every step and send you a complete Visa Pack with full instructions and details of everything you will need. If you are traveling internationally in the months leading up to your program start date, please let your Program Manager know.

Environmental Studies: Ethics, Culture and Sustainability Students

If you are a U.S. citizen


You will need to apply for a tourist visa; specifically, the ETA (visitor) visa through the Australian Government’s Electronic Travel Authority System. Please be sure to indicate that you are traveling to Australia as a Tourist (not as a business visitor).

New Zealand

You will not need a visitor visa for your stay in New Zealand, as you will be visiting for less than 90 days.

If you are not a U.S. citizen

Australia and New Zealand

You may need to complete a different visitor visa application as additional steps may need to be taken to secure your visa. This may be a time-consuming process, so please be sure to contact your program manager for further information as soon as possible.

Other Notes

Students with a police record may be asked to apply for a different type of visa or provide additional documentation which may slow the processing time of your visa. If you have a police record, please notify your program manager immediately. You can find how to apply for a police clearance by reviewing the "Good character and offenses" page.