We try to make your travel overseas as easy and affordable as possible. Please note that you must physically attend all of your Arcadia orientation in London, which begins on the posted program arrival date. To get yourself there on-time, you’ll have many travel aspects to consider, including obtaining your Visa.
- If you arrive at London Heathrow airport (airport code LHR) by 11:00 am on your scheduled arrival date you will be eligible for group transportation from the airport to your orientation accommodation.
- Final transportation will depart at 12:30 pm. In the event that you miss the group transportation for any reason, you will need to proceed to your orientation accommodation independently and at your own expense. Our staff will provide you with detailed arrival instructions to do this.
- You must check in to your orientation lodging or student residence by 2:00 pm on the program start date, regardless of when you arrive in-country. If you will be delayed and unable to check in at 2:00 pm, it is important that you contact an Arcadia University emergency number so we can account for your late arrival.
Once orientation is completed, we will provide you with transportation to your host institution (if applicable).
- Don’t forget to complete the Online Flight Form once you have booked.
- If you choose to arrive early, before your program start date, all accommodation arrangements will be your responsibility until the scheduled arrival date for your program. Similarly, transportation and accommodation costs will be your responsibility should you choose to stay in Wales after the program concludes.
Booking your flight
You are responsible for arranging and purchasing your own flight. Please Note: Do not book a flight that connects through the Republic of Ireland, as this will prevent you from obtaining proper immigration clearances. If you want to travel before or after your program dates please check your visa requirements.
We don’t arrange group flights but we recommend you book through our travel provider: Student Universe to avail of discounted student fares on designated group flights, on suggested available flights, or on individual student bookings. In addition, Student Universe staff are very familiar with our programs and offer date change flexibility. To book your travel, please visit Student Universe/Arcadia and choose your appropriate country and program.
Vacation Travel Tips
- Wait until you are in-country to make travel plans for during your program so you know your class schedule and assessment dates.
- Choose a good guidebook such as those from Lets Go, Lonely Planet and Berkley. You can also check online sources, maps and street views for country background, attractions, locally filmed movies, local author books to read etc.
- Research rail passes and student discount opportunities that will save you a lot of money on transport in Britain and Europe and entry fees. Eg. BritRail Pass, BritRail Youth Pass, Eurailpass. Some such passes must be purchased in the U.S. and can be insured.
- Join the Youth Hostel Association in the U.S. – Youth Hostels are inexpensive and fun student accommodation found around the world: For more visit: Hostelling International USA.
- Check out our FAQs for more tips on what to pack.