We try to make your travel overseas as easy and affordable as possible. Please note that you must physically attend all of your Arcadia orientation , which begins on the posted program arrival date. To get yourself there on time, you’ll have many travel aspects to consider, including obtaining your Visa.
- You should plan to arrive at Atatürk International Airport (IST) by 2:00 pm on the scheduled arrival date.
- Arcadia staff will be at the airport to meet all students arriving from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Students arriving earlier than 10:00am can wait for Arcadia staff.
- In the event that your flight is delayed or you choose to arrive before or after the designated arrival time, you may be responsible for traveling independently from the airport to the orientation site.
- Housing is not available until the scheduled arrival date of your program.
- Don’t forget to complete the Online Flight Form once you have booked.
Booking your flight
You are responsible for arranging and purchasing your own flight. Please Note: If you want to travel before or after your program dates please check your visa requirements.
We don’t arrange group flights but we recommend you book through our travel provider: Student Universe to avail of discounted student fares on designated group flights, on suggested available flights, or on individual student bookings. In addition, Student Universe staff are very familiar with our programs and offer date change flexibility. To book your travel, please visit Student Universe/Arcadia and choose your appropriate country and program.
Vacation Travel Tips
- Wait until you are in-country to make travel plans for during your program so you know your class schedule and assessment dates.
- Choose a good guidebook such as those from Lets Go or Lonely Planet. You can also check online sources, maps and street views for country background, attractions, locally filmed movies, local author books to read etc.
- Research rail passes and student discount opportunities that will save you a lot of money on transport in Britain and Europe and entry fees. Eg. BritRail Pass, BritRail Youth Pass, Eurail Pass. Some such passes must be purchased in the U.S. and can be insured.
- Join the Youth Hostel Association in the U.S. – Youth Hostels are inexpensive and fun student accommodation found around the world: For more visit: Hostelling International USA.
- Check out our FAQs for more tips on what to pack.