As a participant on an Arcadia program, you are guaranteed accommodation. Our priority is to provide a safe, clean, cost-effective and convenient place for you to live, while offering you every opportunity to explore the local culture and community.
- You’ll stay in shared, self-catered apartments in Cihangir, a friendly expat area just a short commute from the university and the Arcadia Center. Recently named as one of the top five places to live in the world by Britain’s The Guardian newspaper, Cihangir is a quaint, historic neighborhood, with small restaurants and cafés, and a lively, cosmopolitan atmosphere.
- Our apartments are all in residential buildings which also house other Turkish residents. Each apartment accommodates 4-5 students, with single and double bedrooms, shared living areas, kitchens and bathrooms. Kitchens are fully furnished with all necessary crockery and cutlery.
- Your program fee does not include meals or meal plans but you’ll be within easy reach of food stores and amenities. Please check out our fees and budget estimates for additional expenses.
- It is most common to live in single-gender housing in Turkey, but occasionally students may be assigned to mixed-gender housing. In this event, your room will be single-gender, though shared common spaces can be mixed-gender. If you would prefer single-gender housing, please note this on your Housing Form.
- Air-conditioning and constant central heating are not standard in typical Turkish homes. During the winter months the heating in most buildings is turned on twice per day for two-hour periods. In the summertime, the apartments are equipped with shutters to keep out the mid-day sun and some of the heat. There is no central air conditioning in most Turkish homes.
- All apartments have wifi and we will provide blankets, pillows and bedding but you will have to buy towels after you arrive.
- You’ll have your accommodation throughout your semester, including breaks.
- Every room is different, and while we ensure that all rooms satisfy general standards, there is no way to guarantee uniformity of apartment and room sizes, distance from the Arcadia Center, furnishings or facilities.
- We will do our best to honor your housing preferences, however we cannot guarantee any specific housing assignments.
- Since accommodation considerations can vary, we have to reserve our right to change accommodation options at any time.
If you have any special needs regarding your accommodation – dietary, medical, physical – please let us know when applying. Any information received will be treated as confidential and only shared with individuals involved in your housing placement.
Accommodation Deadlines By Semester
- Fall: May 15
- Spring: November 1
- Summer: April 15
- Academic Year: May 15