As a participant on an Arcadia program, you are guaranteed accommodation. Our priority is to provide a safe, clean, cost-effective and convenient place for you to live, while offering you every opportunity to explore the local culture and community.
- Most student residences in Spain feature self-catered, apartment-style living with single, twin or triple bedrooms and shared kitchens, living and bathroom facilities.
- Your program fee does not include meals or meal plans but you’ll be within easy reach of food stores and amenities. Please check out our fees and budget estimates for additional expenses.
- Where possible we will place you with local students. If you are not studying in Barcelona and want to submit a roommate request, we will need it from both you and your friend in writing. While we will do our best to accommodate your request, we cannot guarantee roommate requests.
- It is most common to live in single-gender housing in Spain, but occasionally students may be assigned to mixed-gender housing. In this event, your room will be single-gender, though shared common spaces can be mixed-gender. If you would prefer single-gender housing, please note this on your Housing Form.
- Internet access will vary according to your specific program accommodation.
- Spain is an environmentally friendly country and air-conditioning and central heating are not standard in a typical residence.
- Bed linens may be provided. Your Program Manager can provide specifics.
- There are opportunities across all programs in Spain to live in a homestay, residence hall, or apartment, which contribute in different ways to your cultural immersion while in Spain.
- You’ll have your accommodation throughout your semester, including breaks.
- We will do our best to honor your housing preferences, however we cannot guarantee any specific housing assignments.
- Since accommodation considerations can vary, we have to reserve our right to change accommodation options at any time.
We encourage you to take advantage of the accommodation provided by Arcadia or by your Spanish institution. If you wish to decline these options and make your own arrangements, you need to submit a written request as soon as possible. Your Program Manager can talk you through your options.
If you have any special needs regarding your accommodation – dietary, medical, physical – please let us know when applying. Any information received will be treated as confidential and only shared with individuals involved in your housing placement.
Accommodation Deadlines by Term:
- Spring Semester: November 1
- Fall Semester: May 15
- All Year Programs: May 15
- Summer: April 15
- Specific program accommodation details are outlined on each program page.
- Arcadia University Housing Policy is detailed in our Student Handbook.