We try to make your travel overseas as easy and affordable as possible. Please note that you must physically attend all of your Arcadia orientation which begins on the posted program arrival date. To get yourself there on-time, you’ll have many travel aspects to consider, including obtaining your Visa.
- You’ll have to check in to orientation by the scheduled time on your program start date. We recommend booking a flight that arrives into Cape Town between 7:00am and 2:00pm on the scheduled arrival date. For most inter-continental flights, you will need to depart the U.S. 1 or 2 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. Once completed, we will provide you with transportation to your host institution.
- If you arrive at the airport on the scheduled arrival date at the scheduled time, you will be eligible for group transportation from the airport to your orientation accommodation. It is strongly recommended that students arrive in time to meet the group at the airport, in order to take advantage of Arcadia-provided transportation. If you choose to arrive before your program start date, you will have to organize your own transportation and accommodation for that period.
- Don’t forget to complete the Online Flight Form once you have booked.
Booking your flight
You are responsible for arranging and purchasing your own flight. If you want to travel before or after your program dates please check your visa requirements.
We don’t arrange group flights but we recommend you book through our travel provider: Student Universe to avail of discounted student fares on designated group flights, on suggested available flights, or on individual student bookings. In addition, Student Universe staff are very familiar with our programs and offer date change flexibility. To book your travel, please visit Student Universe/Arcadia and choose your appropriate country and program.
Vacation Travel Tips
- Wait until you are in-country to make travel plans for during your program so you know your class schedule and assessment dates.
- Choose a good guidebook such as those from Lets Go or Lonely Planet. You can also check online sources, maps and street views for country background, attractions, locally filmed movies, local author books to read etc.
- Check out our FAQs for more tips on what to pack.