The majority of students spend 26 to 32 hours per week in classes and workshops. Performances are part of the program as well.
- Please review your courses with your academic or study abroad advisor to ensure they will transfer back to your home school and that you are following your home school’s policies.
- Please be flexible – we can’t guarantee specific courses. If your participation in the program depends on a particular course, be sure to make a note on your online course form.
You will apply to a specific department, such as Production Arts and Design, Music, etc., and RCS will review your application and audition/portfolio for admittance into that department.
Choosing Your Courses
- Upon acceptance, you will be assigned a focus area and year of study.
You will have the opportunity to choose from classes within that particular area as well as maybe add a class or two from another area.
Typical course enrollment for study abroad students:
- Academic Year = 30 semester hour credits (120 RCS credits)
- Fall term = 12.5 semester hour credits (50 RCS credits)
- Spring semester = 15 semester hour credits (60 RCS credits)
You may apply to the following departments at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland:
Please email your Program Manager for a list of available options and course descriptions. List your module choices in order of preference based on your anticipated year of entry at the RCS. Enter "RCSXXXX" as the course code for all areas.
If your enrollment is conditional upon entry into a specific course or courses, it is very important that you indicate these requirements at the bottom of the preliminary course form on your Arcadia Passport.
- You will be required to provide an audition video or portfolio of quality performance-related material for the specific department to which you are applying. The specific requirements for the audition and/or portfolio can vary by department.
- Students who enroll in additional credits will be subject to a supplemental fee.
The following information is vetted and provided by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) on the Electronic Database for Global Education (EDGE).
||Second Class Upper
||Second Class Lower
|E1 and below
Intellectual property copyright AACRAO EDGE.