You will register for 13-18 credit hours. Additionally, you will be required to provide a DVD of quality performance-related material for the specific department you are applying to.
- Make sure your credits transfer back for credit with your home school - this is your responsibility.
- Please be flexible about courses - we can’t guarantee placement in specific courses.
- Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form to The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University.
Academic Year = 30 semester hour credits
Fall term = 12 semester hour credits
Spring semester = 15 semester hour credits
Areas of Concentration
- The RCS does not offer courses in the traditional sense but students study in a three year specialized program in their discipline. The majority of students spend 26 to 32 hours per week in classes and workshops. Certainly performances are part of the program as well.
- For International Students, RCS offers the opportunity to enroll in one semester or year of this program. You will apply to a specific department, such as Acting, Music, etc., and RCS will review your application and DVD for admittance into that department.
- Upon acceptance, you will be assigned a focus area and year of study, and you will have the opportunity to choose from classes within that particular area as well as maybe add a class or two from another area.
You may apply to the following departments at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland:
- Music Education
- Scottish Music
- Musical Theatre
- Production Arts and Design
- Production Technology and Management
- Modern Ballet
- Digital Film and Television
- Music (Instrumental Performance, Composition, Vocal Performance)
- Contemporary Performance Practice
On the departments’ websites you will get a good overview of the program and you can find specific information on what you would be doing depending on the discipline you choose and year you are placed in (see tabs on top of their page).
Making Your Course Selections
Submit the online course registration form to the Arcadia University College of Global Studies through your Arcadia Passport.
List your department choices and alternates in order of preference (i.e. Acting, Musical Theatre, etc.). Enter "RCSXXXX" as the course code for all areas.
You will register for your specific course options after acceptance.
You are responsible for:
- Meeting with your academic advisor to discuss course selections.
- Confirming that the courses you take abroad will transfer for credit at your home school.
- Registering for a full academic load.