As you board your plane in the U.S., leaving behind the comforts of home, family and friends for your new adventure in Scotland, be confident that we’ve got you covered pre-departure through to arrival and beyond.
This way for Arcadia students!
You’ll easily spot the friendly Arcadia staff in Arcadia t-shirts waiting for you in the airport arrivals hall. Taxis and a bus service are available to take you to your orientation program, which usually lasts three – four days.
For direct enroll programs we will arrange transportation from orientation to campus. Orientation usually lasts 3 days.
- This well-structured, comprehensive orientation delivered by our staff, covers all essential information you’ll need to find your feet in Scotland - including discount cards!
- Sessions include: health & safety issues, local transport information, academic adjustment, budgeting, survival training, suggestions for meeting new friends, and an introduction to the local culture.
- Social and cultural events can will also help you get to know the other students, the Edinburgh Center staff and the city of Edinburgh.
- If you’re on a direct enroll program, this will give you an opportunity to meet with a member of your host institution before arriving on campus.
- Semester program participants will enjoy a brief homestay with a Scottish family, to help you integrate into Scottish life and understand accents and the Scottish sense of humor. Homestays are sometimes part of orientation when possible, otherwise you can participate in an optional mid program homestay.
- Orientation is evaluated by students and every semester we review content and delivery with student input in mind.