As you board the plane in the U.S., leaving behind the comforts of home, family and friends for your new adventure in New Zealand, be confident that we’ve got you covered pre-departure through to arrival and beyond.
This way for Arcadia Students!
You’ll easily spot the friendly Arcadia staff holding signs waiting for you in the airport arrivals hall. A bus will be waiting to take you to your hotel in the centre of Auckland to freshen up for a day of introductions. The following day, you’ll collect your luggage and board a bus and head to Rotorua for the remainder of your orientation program.
- Maintain easy access to casual clothing - jeans, t-shirts, fleece, rain jacket, swimsuit, walking shoes, toiletries and personal items.
- This well-structured, comprehensive orientation delivered by our staff, covers all essential information you’ll need to find your feet in New Zealand.
- Sessions include: health & safety issues, academic policies and procedures, budgeting, advice on settling into housing at your host institution, suggestions for meeting new friends, and an introduction to New Zealand customs and traditions.
- Social and cultural events.
- Orientation is evaluated by students and every semester we review content and delivery with student input in mind.
- All accommodation and scheduled activity costs (except for the hot spa, which is optional) over orientation are covered by Arcadia. Breakfasts and two dinners are covered but please ensure you have enough money to pay for two lunches and one dinner - $200NZ should be ample and you can change this amount when you are with us on Day 1 - either with travellers cheques, US cash or using an ATM card.
- On the final day of orientation you will move into your new home. We will provide transport to the Airport and will see you safely on your flight to your Host University.