As a participant on an Arcadia program, you are guaranteed accommodation. Our priority is to provide a safe, clean, cost-effective and convenient place for you to live, while offering you every opportunity to explore the local culture and community.
- While housing options vary, most student residences in New Zealand feature self-catered, apartment-style living with single or twin bedrooms and shared kitchens, living and bathroom facilities.
- Your program fee does not include meals or meal plans but you’ll be within easy reach of food stores and amenities. Please check out our fees and budget estimates for additional expenses.
- Where possible we will place you with local students. Except in very rare circumstances, we are not able to accommodate any roommate requests in New Zealand.
- It is very common to live in mixed-gender housing in New Zealand. Your room will be single-gender, though shared common spaces can be mixed-gender. If you would prefer single-gender housing, please note this on your Housing Form and be sure to speak with your Program Manager to find out what is available on your program.
- New Zealand is an environmentally friendly country and air-conditioning & central heating are not standard in a typical residence.
- If your housing venue does not provide bed linens, you will be shown where to buy them after you arrive.
- Internet access will vary according to your specific program accommodation.
- You’ll have your accommodation throughout your term/semester, including breaks during the term/semester. Depending on your program and housing assignment, accommodation may be available between semesters for academic year southern hemisphere students; please check with your Program Manager for further information. Accommodation is not available between semesters for academic year students.
- Every room is different, and while Arcadia ensures that all rooms satisfy general standards, there is no way to guarantee uniformity of apartment and room sizes, distance from your university, furnishings or facilities.
- We will do our best to honor your housing preferences, however we cannot guarantee any specific housing assignments.
- Since accommodation considerations can vary, we have to reserve our right to change accommodation options at any time.
We encourage you to take advantage of the accommodation provided by Arcadia or by your New Zealand institution. If you wish to decline these options and make your own arrangements, you must submit a written request. Your Program Manager can talk you through your options.
If you have any special needs regarding your accommodation – dietary, medical, physical – please let us know when applying. Any information received will be treated as confidential and only shared with individuals involved in your housing placement.
- Semester 1 (US Spring): November 20
- Semester 2 (US Fall): April 15
- Specific program accommodation details are outlined on each program page.
- Arcadia University Housing Policy is detailed in our Student Handbook.
Student Apartments and Flats
Student apartments or flats – whether on- or off-campus – afford a high degree of independence. In most cases, you will prepare your own meals and should be prepared for a commute to campus.