As you board your plane in the U.S., leaving behind the comforts of home, family and friends for your new adventure in Ireland, be confident that we’ve got you covered pre-departure through to arrival and beyond.
This way for Arcadia students!
You’ll easily spot the friendly Arcadia staff in Arcadia t-shirts waiting for you in the airport arrivals hall. Transport will be waiting to take you central Dublin for an orientation program usually lasting three days.
- This well-structured, comprehensive orientation delivered by our staff, covers all essential information you’ll need to find your feet in Ireland.
- Sessions include: health & safety issues, local transport information, academic adjustment, budgeting, survival training, suggestions for meeting new friends, and an introduction to popular culture as well as literary greats.
- Social and cultural events will also help you settle in including a team building exercise to introduce you to the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) for Irish sports and a Hop on Hop off Bus tour of Dublin.
- Semester and year-long students will enjoy enjoy a brief homestay with an Irish family a few weeks after orientation, to help you integrate into Irish life and understand accents and the Irish sense of humor.
- Orientation is evaluated by students and every semester we review content and delivery with student input in mind.