We try to make your travel overseas as easy and affordable as possible. Please note that you must physically attend all of your Arcadia orientation in Athens, which begins on the posted program arrival date. To get yourself there on-time, you’ll have many travel aspects to consider, including obtaining your Visa.
- Book a flight that arrives prior to, but no later than 2:00 pm on the scheduled arrival date for your program as you must check in for your mandatory orientation.
- Arcadia in-country staff will be at the airport between 10:00am and 2:00pm on the program arrival date to meet arriving students. These times may vary based on your specific program in which case your program manager will provide you with details. If you choose to arrive before your program start date, you will have to organize your own transportation and accommodation for that period.
- In the event that your flight is delayed, you may be responsible for traveling independently from the airport to the orientation site.
- Don’t forget to complete the Online Flight Form once you have booked.
Booking your flight
You are responsible for arranging and purchasing your own flight. Please Note:. If you want to travel before or after your program dates please check your visa requirements.
We don’t arrange group flights but we recommend you book through our travel provider: Student Universe to avail of discounted student fares on suggested available flights, or on individual student bookings. In addition, Student Universe staff are very familiar with our programs and offer date change flexibility. To book your travel, please visit Student Universe/Arcadia and choose your appropriate country and program.
Vacation Travel Tips
- Wait until you are in-country to make travel plans for during your program so you know your class schedule and assessment dates.
- Choose a good guidebook such as those from Lets Go or Lonely Planet. You can also check online sources, maps and street views for country background, attractions, locally filmed movies, local author books to read etc.
- Research rail passes and student discount opportunities that will save you a lot of money on transport in Europe and entry fees, eg. Eurailpass. Some such passes must be purchased in the U.S. and can be insured.
- Join the Youth Hostel Association in the U.S. – Youth Hostels are inexpensive and fun student accommodation found around the world: For more visit: Hostelling International USA.
- Check out our FAQs for more tips on what to pack.