As a participant on an Arcadia program, you are guaranteed accommodation. Our priority is to provide a safe, clean, cost-effective and convenient place for you to live, while offering you every opportunity to explore the local culture and community. In Greece we provide shared apartments in buildings inhabited by Greek families and located outside of the tourist area of Athens in Pangrati.
Neighborhood of Pangrati
Pangrati is a residential neighborhood located near the original Olympic Stadium, from the 1896 games, and south of Vas. Konstantinou Avenue, one of Athens' major arteries. Made up of a mix of residences, cafes, shops, and businesses, Pangrati mirrors modern Greece, blending traditional nineteenth-century Athenian family residences and open-air markets with contemporary office buildings and trendy cafes and tavernas.
Arcadia Student Apartments
- Apartments are within five to 25 minute walk of the Arcadia Athens Center and have wifi.
- Each apartment is self-catering and accommodates 4-5 students, with single and double bedrooms and shared living areas, kitchens and bathrooms.
- Every room is different, and while we ensure that all rooms satisfy general standards, there is no way to guarantee uniformity of apartment and room sizes, distance from the Arcadia Center, furnishings or facilities. Kitchens are fully furnished with all necessary crockery and cutlery.
- Your program fee does not include meals or meal plans but you’ll be within easy reach of food stores and amenities. Please check out our budget estimates for additional expenses.
- There is no air conditioning in most Greek homes.
- We provide blankets and pillows – you need to bring/buy sheets, pillowcases and towels.
- Landline phones are available in each apartment but require a Greek calling card for all calls.
- You’ll have your accommodation throughout your semester, including breaks.
- Since accommodation considerations can vary, we have to reserve our right to change accommodation options at any time.
- If you are a summer student, you can expect to spend at least half of your program outside of Athens, staying in moderate hotels and hostels around Greece and Turkey.
If you have any special needs regarding your accommodation – dietary, medical, physical – please let us know when applying. Any information received will be treated as confidential and only shared with individuals involved in your housing placement.
Housing Application Deadlines:
- Spring Semester: November 1
- Fall Semester: May 15
- All Year Programs: May 15
- Summer: April 15
- Specific program accommodation details are outlined on each program page.
- Arcadia University Housing Policy is detailed in our Student Handbook.