We try to make your travel overseas as easy and affordable as possible. Please note that you must physically attend all of your Arcadia orientation on the posted program arrival date. To get yourself there on-time, you’ll have many travel aspects to consider.
- You should plan to arrive into Frankfurt/Main, Cologne/Bonn or Dusseldorf Airport on the scheduled arrival date.
- You will be responsible for your own transportation by train or bus from your arrival airport to the University of Bonn’s International Office.
- Staff will wait for your arrival at the International Office and provide you with your orientation materials and schedule. You will receive more specific arrival information for each airport by email closer to the start of your program.
- You will be responsible for your transportation to the airport at the conclusion of your program. As you will spend the last few days of the program in Berlin, you may find it more convenient to depart from there. Alternatively, you will have transportation back to the city of Bonn, so you can depart from that area as well.
- Don’t forget to complete the Online Flight Form once you have booked.
Booking your flight
You are responsible for arranging and purchasing your own flight. Please Note: If you want to travel before or after your program dates please check your visa requirements.
We don’t arrange group flights but we recommend you book through our travel provider: Student Universe to avail of discounted student fares on designated group flights, on suggested available flights, or on individual student bookings. In addition, Student Universe staff are very familiar with our programs and offer date change flexibility. To book your travel, please visit Student Universe/Arcadia and choose your appropriate country and program.
Vacation Travel Tips
- Wait until you are in-country to make travel plans for during your program so you know your class schedule and assessment dates.
- Choose a good guidebook such as those from Lets Go or Lonely Planet. You can also check online sources, maps and street views for country background, attractions, locally filmed movies, local author books to read etc.
- Research rail passes and student discount opportunities that will save you a lot of money on transport in Britain and Europe and entry fees. Eg. BritRail Pass, BritRail Youth Pass, Eurailpass. Some such passes must be purchased in the U.S. and can be insured.
- Join the Youth Hostel Association in the U.S. – Youth Hostels are inexpensive and fun student accommodation found around the world: For more visit: Hostelling International USA.
- Check out our FAQs for more tips on what to pack.