As a participant on an Arcadia program, you are guaranteed accommodation. Our priority is to provide a safe, clean, cost-effective and convenient place for you to live, while offering you every opportunity to explore the local culture and community.
- You will live in one of the University of Bonn dormitories in a single room with shared access kitchen facilities.
- Your program fee does not include meals or meal plans but you’ll be within easy reach of food stores and amenities. Please check out our fees and budget estimates for additional expenses.
- In most cases, you will prepare your own meals and should be prepared for a commute to campus.
- It is most common to live in single-gender housing in Germany, but occasionally students may be assigned to mixed-gender housing. In this event, your room will be single-gender, though shared common spaces can be mixed-gender. If you would prefer single-gender housing, please note this on your Housing Form.
- Every room is different and unique and while Arcadia ensures that all rooms satisfy general standards, there is no way to guarantee uniformity of rooms, room sizes, distance from your university, furnishings or facilities.
- Germany is an environmentally friendly country and air-conditioning and central heating are not standard in a typical residence. Remember that it will take some time to adjust to the climate.
- You should typically expect a short commute from your dormitory to your classroom. Many dorms are within walking distance of campus however you may need to take the bus or tram. The cost of transportation is free with your University of Bonn Student ID.
- Wifi is available throughout the University of Bonn campus. There will also be internet access in the dormitories.
- Rooms are equipped with basic furniture. In many dorms you can get bed sheets though your dormitory’s management. You will need to bring towels and toiletries.
- You will need to purchase kitchen equipment, such as pots, plates, silverware, etc, when you arrive. Occasionally items left by previous students will be available for use.
- As an Arcadia program participant, housing will remain available to you during the official program dates. However, accommodation is not available before the program start date or once the program has ended.
- We will do our best to honor your housing preferences, however we cannot guarantee any specific housing assignments.
- Since accommodation considerations can vary, we have to reserve our right to change accommodation options at any time.
- Arcadia University Housing Policy is detailed in our Student Handbook.
If you have any special needs regarding your accommodation – dietary, medical, physical – please let us know when applying. Any information received will be treated as confidential and only shared with individuals involved in your housing placement.