As a student on this program, the University of Manchester guarantees you accommodation in university housing. You’ll live in either catered or self-catered residences. The majority of rooms are single rooms, which include a bed, desk, chair, wardrobe and shelves. Some halls also provide bed linen. Wired internet access is provided in all of the rooms. For more information please see the main accommodation page for England.
Catered Halls of Residence
- Meals are included at a supplemental cost. You will be given your breakfast and evening meal at the residence and you will have to take care of your own lunch.
- Facilities include small shared kitchens.
- Some catered residences have very informal meal arrangements and some consider mealtimes as more of a social event for their residents.
- Some catered residences have a collegiate atmosphere with smaller close-knit communities and an emphasis on student participation in Hall life.
Self-Catered Halls of Residence
- Meals are not included.
- You'll live in a single room in a shared flat or a room along an open corridor.
- Shared facilities include communal lounges and communal kitchens with ample cupboard space, cookers, microwaves, refrigerators and freezers.
- Some have televisions.