Most Autumn or Spring Semester students will take a total of 16 U.S. credits. Academic Year students should choose a total of 32 U.S. credits.
- Please review your courses with your academic or study abroad advisor to ensure they will transfer back to your home school and that you are following your home school’s policies.
- Please be flexible – we can’t guarantee specific courses. If your participation in the program depends on a particular course, be sure to make a note on your online course form.
At RVC courses are classified as:
- Full Modules - 8 credits
- Half Modules - 4 credits
- Half Research Project - 8 credits
Choosing Your Courses
- 'Modularized' degree program consisting of various course Modules and research-intensive Projects.
- Modules: 12-week term with students attending lectures, seminars, and/or laboratory sessions two days per week.
- Projects: 12-week term, with students completing their research and laboratory work when they are not attending lectures or seminars in their module.
- Half Modules or Half Projects: 12-week term (meet less frequently).
- Typical full-time student course load: one full Module and one Half Research Project per term.
- Select from a range of Full and Half Modules and Half Projects.
Students will submit preferred modules and research project topic (if applicable) on their preliminary course form. Course registration will be finalized on-site upon arrival.
The following information is vetted and provided by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) on the Electronic Database for Global Education (EDGE).
||Suggested U.S. Equivalent
|70 - 100%
|60 - 69%
||Second Class Upper
|50 - 59%
||Second Class Lower
|40 - 49%
||Third Class / Pass
|0 - 39%
Intellectual property copyright AACRAO EDGE.