As a visiting student at Royal Holloway, you are guaranteed on-campus university housing. Your housing is included for the entire program, including any breaks or holidays that fall between program start and end dates; only full-year students are eligible for housing over the Christmas holiday.
- You will be provided with a mattress protector, a duvet and pillows; however, you will need to bring your own towels and linens—we recommend purchasing them upon arrival in the UK.
- Laundry facilities are provided in or near all residence halls.
- Internet access is available in each room; you may need to pay an activation fee directly to Royal Holloway.
- There are 24-hour computer terminals on campus, with laptop hookups.
- Discounted dining options may be available in some residence halls; an additional fee may apply and is not included in your housing fee.
If you are a full-year student, you may be asked to change rooms over Christmas and Easter breaks.
Your choice of residence halls:
Gowar and Wedderburn Halls
Built in 2004, Gowar and Wedderburn are modern residence halls with environmentally friendly design. There is a communal green space between the two buildings, which are also surrounded by forest. You’ll live in a single room in self-catered apartments, or flats, with 8 en-suite bedrooms around a shared kitchen.
- All en-suite rooms have a shower, sink, and toilet; there are also communal bathrooms in all blocks.
- Each bedroom includes one work station, bookcase, wardrobe, swivel chair, desk lamp, and desk cabinet.
- Shared kitchens are equipped with a microwave, electric cooker, kettle, toaster, fridge/freezer, iron, ironing board, and vacuum cleaner.
- You’ll be located very close to the Sports Centre, gym, and playing fields.
Runnymede is a modern residence hall located on the south end of campus, near the sports fields. You’ll live in a single room in self-catered apartments, or flats, with 6-8 en-suite bedrooms around a shared kitchen.
- All en-suite rooms have a shower, sink, and toilet.
- Each bedroom includes one desk, bookshelf, wardrobe, swivel chair, desk chair, and desk lamp.
- Shared kitchens are equipped with a microwave, electric cooker, kettle, toaster, fridge/freezer, iron, and ironing board.
Reid Hall is located on the south side of campus, near Runnymede Hall. You’ll live in a single en-suite room grouped into a house of 12 rooms each, with a communal kitchen.
- All en-suite rooms have a washbasin, toilet, and shower.
- Each bedroom includes one desk, desk lap, desk chair, bookshelf, and wardrobe.
- Communal pantry and kitchen areas are equipped with a toaster, kettle, microwave, fridge, vacuum cleaner, iron, and ironing board.
- Reid Hall residents are entitled to a discount off most food items purchased in all 3 dining halls; however, the cost of food is not included in your housing fee.
- You’ll be close to most academic departments, the Sports Centre, gym, and playing fields.
Located in the center of campus, Founder’s Hall is a beautiful Victorian building that is also the iconic focal point of Royal Holloway’s campus. You’ll live in a traditional residence hall format, in single or shared rooms in single gender corridors, with shared bathroom facilities.
- Shared leisure areas include a TV/common room and snack bar.
- Each corridor has a pantry, where hot drinks and light snacks can be prepared. Pantries are equipped with a sink, microwave, kettle, iron, ironing board, toaster, and larder refrigerator.
- Founder’s Hall residents are entitled to a discount off most food items purchased in all 3 dining halls (one of which is located in Founder’s); however, the cost of food is not included in your housing fee.
- Each bedroom includes a desk, chair, desk lamp, drawers, and wardrobe.
- Founder’s Hall is home to offices, the Chapel, the famous Picture Gallery, and part of the library.