You will take a total of 3 courses at 3 Arcadia credits each, for a total of 9 Arcadia credits for the summer program.
- Please review your courses with your academic or study abroad advisor to ensure they will transfer back to your home school and that you are following your home school’s policies.
- Please be flexible – we can’t guarantee specific courses. If your participation in the program depends on a particular course, be sure to make a note on your online course form.
Choosing Your Courses
An overview of the academic options is available here.
The summer program is divided into two halves for course selection purposes:
- Module 1 courses are offered during the first three weeks
- Module 2 courses are offered during the second three weeks
- Module 3 courses are offered for the entire six weeks
- Module timetabling information is available here.
You will register for one of the following course combinations:
- One Module 3 course, one Module 1 course, and one Module 2 course
- Two Module 3 courses, and one Module 1 or Module 2 course
- Two Module 1 courses and one Module 2 course
- One Module 1 course and two Module 2 courses
- Three Module 3 courses
- Secure approval for at least 6-8 courses. List in order of preference.
- Please use "PKP" as the course code for all your choices for the purposes of filling out our online course form.
- Students who wish to enroll in Finance and Economics courses are strongly encouraged to apply early since these courses are often the first to fill up.
- Courses are also offered in the Cambridge supervision system. Supervisions are similar to an independent study, and consist of in-depth research on a specific topic..
- If you would like to opt for a supervision, please indicate this in your course selection form, and make sure to mention this to your program manager.
- See here for more details.
Official course registration will take place prior to arrival. You will be enrolled in your top three classes, unless they are full. Changes to your class schedule can be made in certain situations, even after you are enrolled; speak with your program manager if you wish to make changes.
Students who select the Supervision option will be charged an additional course fee.
Grade Scale for the United Kingdom
The following information is vetted and provided by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) on the Electronic Database for Global Education (EDGE).
|70 – 100%
|60 – 69%
||Second Class Upper
|50 – 59%
||Second Class Lower
|40 – 49%
||Third Class / Pass
|0 – 39%
Intellectual property copyright AACRAO EDGE.