As a fast-paced, cosmopolitan city with a thriving, trendy community of people from all over the world, London, the U.K.’s capital city, is one of the most popular destinations for study abroad.
- The London metropolitan area is the largest in the European Union with a total population of 13.6 million. The city is a global leader in finance, industry, education, fashion, the arts, entertainment and healthcare and boasts being the world’s most visited city as measured by international arrivals.
- London is truly multi-cultural with more than 300 languages spoken throughout the city. You’ll explore ethnic restaurants, diverse musical styles, and vibrant neighborhood street markets selling everything from didgeridoos or African drums to more traditional British antiques.
- The ubiquitous international flavor that is so much a part of London is what makes this city so appealing to students and visitors alike.
Things to do
- Explore historical landmarks, world-class museums, World Heritage Sites, beautiful parks and gardens, and cutting edge entertainment venues from a hopping and eclectic club scene to renowned theaters and concert halls.
- There are endless shopping opportunities to be found in colorful, neighborhood street markets and famous department stores such as Harrods and Harvey Nichols.
- Experience world-renowned sites such as Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, the British Museum and the Houses of Parliament, as well as London's variety of village-like neighborhoods such as Notting Hill, Islington, Chelsea, Shepherd's Bush or Kensington.